2015-11-16

Enchanted alley

Long story short - I'm fighting depression. No point in phrasing it differently. I'm on a good path now but there were times which I'd gladly erase from my memory.

Here are illustrations to the book I wasn't able to finish (and lost the whole gig) due to total lack of control over the way my brain works.

And I loved this book. Loved the stories and it hit me hard that I had to give up on them.


Finished+almost finished illustrations:












Unfinished illustrations:






I have lost many things career-wise then. Contacts, commissions, trust. Right now I'm working hard to build it all back again! I'm very positive and have a gang of people who support me :) I can fight now!

A.




3 comments:

  1. Świetne ilustracje- jak zawsze. Najbardziej super ta, na której wieczór wyciąga rączki do pani w nocy (nie wiem jak to inaczej opisać ;) ) bardzo fajny pomysł! i super kolory zachodząego nieba. Z depresją- wiem o czym mówisz... trudno czasem pojąć jak się można czuć tak źle. Trzymam kciuki bardzo mocno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad to hear :( But also encouraging to read you are back on a positive path. I guess it's hard to fight on when you encounter a throw-back like this. You have enough skill to get back on track and get even better projects!! I wish you all the best :)
    As for the illustrations: I especially like the one with the sleeping prince (his face is so likeable!), the one with the mermaid and the one with the dawn/night-thingy. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

spread the love